Sunday, March 14, 2010

What's with the new title?




For everything there is a season, and a time for very purpose under heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1



For those of you who have been with us from the days of the Writers' Pointe, and for our newcomers, you may be asking yourself, "What's up with the title? Just for this season? What?"

The title reflects the new focus of the blog, of the ministry we feel called to.

Cheryl and I are two people who have been pulled out of one Season of our lives and thrust into another. It's like going straight from Summer to Winter without the windy, beautiful, get-you-acclimated-to-the-coming-cold Fall in the middle.

And what is both scary and exciting at the same time, is I know this isn't going to be the last abrupt Season change for me. God is continually prepping me for the next step on my journey (as a side note, I've found the abruptness of the change comes after I've tried to ignore what God is leading me to do. Funny, that.)

I'm still a writer. I'm still cranking out happily-ever-afters and shredding my manuscripts with a purple pen (because red just seems so violent). So I'll still be nodding in my posts to my writing ministry. It's as much a part of who I am as what I do.

But what we want to do with this blog is broaden the focus. We understand that the women we come in contact with everyday are all at different stages (or Seasons if you will) of their life. And surely what God has to say to an often stubborn, intractable writer is just as applicable to the young woman struggling with finding Mr. Right or the lady battling with job instability in an unhealthy economy.
We've got some pretty cool ideas for how to incorporate your thoughts, feelings, fears, experiences, etc. into the blog. We're also open to suggestions and feedback. And I don't think I'm being crazy when I say God has quite a few words of encouragement for us ladies out here. And I, for one, am pretty excited to see what he's going to do with this.

--Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment