Tuesday, March 30, 2010

One (of many) writing fears . . .

Few things are more terrifying to me than a blank screen. (And yes, the screenshot above is actually mine. From today. Obviously, I'm blogging as procrastination--something I heartily disapprove of others doing!)

I don't know what kind of power that white space has over me, but it's almost like just looking at it paralyzes my hands. My fingers can no longer type. My brain no longer has anything witty for me to pen. Even thinking about it right now has me feeling panicked and frozen.

Maybe that sounds a bit dramatic (something I've never been accused of, thankyouverymuch). But I like to think I'm not alone out there in my fear of the scary first page. And I'm equally sure a psychologist would have loads to say about what this fear says about me as a person . . .

So I'm wondering if anyone else detests empty space as much as I do?

What do you do to get over it?

--Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment